Monday, August 15, 2011

The Day Draws Near.

It's getting close to Karin's birthday, September 5th.  This year, however, there's another day soon after - just four days later it will be the tenth anniversary of a day I think we can all remember only too well.



Nine Eastern is eight Central time, so yours truly was in bed at our home at East Rusholme, Davenport when Karin came into the room and turned on the television. She said, "A plane has just crashed into the World Trade Center."  My reaction was "The World what?"  I was not fully conscious... but the above is what I saw on television as it happened.  I actually saw the second plane hit and I knew immediately this was a terrorist attack.  I imagine the horror of that day will always remain with me.

Even though my home town of Oldham has a large Muslim minority, one year later the town flew the American flag at half mast outside the Civic Centre.  If Oldham has anything planned for this year, I don't know, but this Oldham lad will remember and keep the day with prayers and thoughts for the families who lost loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment