Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Back on-line

Toothless in Oldham


As charming as I can be with the 'young ladies', I'm very conscious of my almost toothless smile.  What's his face may be Sleepless in Seattle (or whatever) but muggins here is Toothless in Oldham, while trying to settle in to his new abode.  Naturally I ditched my 'Dongle' that had the speed of road-kill and got a line in from Tesco of all places for about two or three quid more than the Dongle charges - plus I got a phone line in with it (Tommyfield Market supplied the phone for eight quid).

I'm now back online and one of the first things I did (beside get rid of a ton of spam email) was update the Home page on our web site:


I should mention that another bonus of having DSL rather than a Dongle is being able to use my camera with built in mic to chat with Karin.  With the Road Kill, sorry Dongle, I had my screen freezing up and all kinds of problems while using the camera, but none of that now.

Since my arrival I've certainly been kept busy here in the United Kingdom and I expect to be kept busy.one way or another.  To all those who have helped over the days, weeks and months I offer a heartfelt thank you.  Bit by bit I'm tying up loose ends, with one or two major ones to go and hopefully I can focus on getting Karin over.  One last point, I owe God a good deal of thanks. So, Thanks be to God.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Mick. Yep, you are toothless in Oldham, but glad to see you have settled in. The flat is really cute and you should be really happy in there until I come over and mess it up. :-)

    ReplyDelete