Saturday, June 25, 2011

Books, books and more books.

Writing a book, so I have discovered, isn't easy but the writing part appears to be the easiest part of getting the sod published.  If it is to be an ebook it first it has to be formatted and edited correctly, according to the requirements of the publisher, and this means going through the book carefully.  Then it can be uploaded and still you're not done.  There are other pains in the bum to deal with.  It's a darn sight easier to read the bugger than write and publish it!

Karin's Book "Seven Doors of Time" consists of seven short stories ranging from disasters (such as splitting America in half - nice one there) to Crime, Murder and Time Travel, with a bit of Romance thrown in for good measure.  It cost her $9.99 to get the ISBN number.  To find Karin's Book on line: Click Here the ebook costs just $2.99 but 30% of the book can be downloaded free.

If my own effort ever gets published I for one will be surprised, even so, my first is perhaps just over two thirds complete.  I suppose I just need to get settled in and start bashing away at writing.  I should warn you, while my effort is a bone crunching adventure with lots of bad guys, I can't help sticking humour in it - given that it is partly set in my home town of Oldham.  As I keep telling people, the town once exported cotton but today it exports comedians; you don't have to be a comedian to live there - but it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment