Sunday, June 12, 2011

Missing my pencils

I thought I'd do a sketch of Gabrielle Gifford, now on the road to recovery - but can I find my sketching pencils? No!  I've the sketch pads - different sizes of pad with the right kind of paper, but not even a HB, BB or 4H in sight. I took out the colour and adjusted the contrast to produce this black and white image, then after adjusting the size, printed it out.  Of course I could use Photoshop to produce a sketch, but in my book that would be cheating.

I'll just have to wait until I can purchase a new set of sketching pencils and that means waiting until I can get to the right store that sells them.  Development closed one store in the neighbourhood, a tornado closed another - what next?  Let me guess, a redneck going on the rampage shotgun in hand after being stabbed in the arse (ass) by a super-mosquito developed in stagnant water left over from the Mississippi flood!  That's the problem with mossies here, they can be tiny things that creep under the radar or whoppers that come with full armour and 27mm cannon (or that's what it feels like).  No matter what their size, it sure ain't no pin-prick that they leave.  Well I suppose we have the rest of the summer to fight 'em off.  What puzzles me though are the young things at the Uni just up the road.  They stretch out on the laws like offerings to the gods and not a mossie in sight!

I think I'll go on another hunt and see if I can find my pencils.  When I'm quietly sketching I'm as quiet as a lamb and not my usual nutty self.  And if you don't believe I'm nuts - ask Karin.  She knows.  By the way don't forget to visit our web site.  The links for all Karin's books are there - including the ebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment