Saturday, November 27, 2010

Chicken Dinner

Why is the news always bad?  I've just heard from my brother Kev that my brother Austin's chickens got scoffed by a fox!  What I want to know is, what on earth is a fox doing in Chadderton killing my brother's hens?  Okay, so it tucked into an early Christmas dinner, but let's hope the bugger isn't back to wolf down some poor sods canary!

1755 a tsunami of 8' in height hit Penzance but did little damage.  Karin and I have been looking at houses there but the idea of being washed away by a super-high tide is not too appealing to me, even if it is a nice location.  Although it's way south of the Watford Gap, on the plus side the weather is a lot milder and the next tsunami (estimated to be around 200' in height) would give  us a fish eye view of the sea, unless  of course we are on high ground - very high ground!

I'm happy to say that the antibiotics worked and my chest infection and cough have gone.  Folk are not giving me a wide birth now, not that I could blame them, it's good to get it off my chest!

It is such a shame that the Arc Royal is being retired along with it's Harriers, that's one great carrier and a great aircraft.  Some older folk like me will no doubt remember the Harrier's roll in the Falkland's crisis when Argentina seized the islands and Britain took them back.  Although the Migs were faster, the Harrier ate them for breakfast
RIP Arc Royal.  I'm sure the crew are all proud to serve on such a fine ship with a great history.  As time marches on, perhaps we'll not forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment