Monday, November 22, 2010

Not quite an armfull

Well, off to the hospital I did go to have a blood test (not quite an armful) and a CT scan to find out what I have wrong with my lungs.  A nodule appeared on an X-Ray and the doc wants to know what it is - is it serious or nothing at all.  Of course I'm hoping for the latter rather than the former, but if it is serious the best it will get from me is, "Bugger!"

If by serious they mean popping my clogs, that's nothing in comparison with facing whopping Obama hospital bills for some operation or other.  If by "serious" they mean snuffing it - the only thing about that is leaving Karin having to deal with the problems of day to day life and that bothers me.  So if there isn't anything wrong it will be a relief - otherwise I would find it a bit irritating.

So why does it appear I'm not worried about curling up  my toes?  Easy!  If there's one thing certain in my life it's my death.  Some day I'll become Mick Cook the Spook - deaded all over.  At least I'll snuff it with my faith intact and that's all that matters; I may grow old and knackered, but faith does not because like all things spiritual it transcends the limitations of the physical realm.

I think I'll spend some time praying that God will let me come back to annoy those civic leaders and politicians who interfere with Christian beliefs - not so much to haunt them, but to give them such a fright it could bring about a change of heart and mind.  For example, when they're all gathered together I'll have the angels make the clothes of the politicians disappear, then I'll say to them, "Hello boys and girls - this is how you will appear before God, with nothing hidden!"

Then again, I have to remember that I'd have to be obedient to the will of God, nevertheless, God does have a sense of humour.  How do I know that? Simple, God made everything that is good and we all know that a decent sense of humour is good - so humour is from God.  Listen to what children say about the bible and you will have all the proof you will need.

No comments:

Post a Comment