Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Novemberrrrr again!

It's Cold Again

As usual, the weather is gripping the news but this time on both sides of the pond.  The kind of snowfall that we often get in Wisconsin, just after the ducks and geese take the greyhound bus south for the winter because flying can be dangerous, especially with the threat of hijacks and the TSA insisting that they go through a body scanner before take off.  Even the ducks and geese are more than a little annoyed about the over the top security arrangements.

Local Drama
Okay, so I've been happily plodding along a footpath (American - sidewalk) and quite suddenly found my feet at a higher altitude from the ground than my head and the one thought on my mind has been "Oh bugger!".  There's nothing like black-ice to encourage arse-over-tit adventures while on the way to or from work.  In England I prefer from work because I can always pop into the pub for a pick-me-up that tastes suspiciously like a Scotch!  Followed by a pint it's a case of black-ice, who cares? (photo - view from home last year)


Teens may well be able to dodge around computer programs, rattle off the latest theories and talk totally incomprehensible, like if you like know what I mean like?  In winter, however, any indication of common sense seems to leak out of their left ear.  On one occasion I was waiting for a bus in my home town of Oldham on a freezing cold evening, so cold that the Polar Bears were complaining!  A taxi pulled up across the street and two girls emerged dressed in next to nothing - as if they had just alighted from the flight from the Bahamas, but no this was Oldham and they were almost naked!  The two girls ran into the pub more than likely to top up on anti-freeze.  They had to be a couple of cans short of a six pack to be dressed like that!

Okay, so it's Novemberrrr and we have the rrrrest of the winterrrr ahead of us.  Oh heaven help us.  The fun has only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment