Saturday, December 4, 2010

Brrrrr! What happened?

I got up this morning at the crack of noon - well it is Saturday! The sight that greeted me took me a little by surprise, but not for the reasons you think.
We heard a din last night and raised voices, this morning we discovered the reason as seen here.  Someone apparently took his car on a skating holiday and had a barney with a sign.

While the road looks clear now, last night this wasn't the case.  In fact yesterday there wasn't so much as a snowflake in sight - this lot came down overnight and the forecast is for more.

What had taken me by surprise is that I had been expecting to have to break out the snow shovel and ice melt and start shoveling snow.  However, a neighbour has a riding snow-blower and he must have gone around the block clearing the snow from the sidewalk for the entire block.  I didn't have to do anything, apart from grab Karin's camera and upload these photos.

This is Horton Street after the overnight snowfall, with the Trane building in the background on the right.  The cleared sidewalk is more visible here and with luck I shouldn't find my feet at an higher altitude than my nose should I have to take the trash out.  You may notice a few icicles on our building to the left.

At the moment I'm under house arrest (doctors orders) and I'm not allowed to go out in public.  That's a bit of a bugger!  I expect to be banging my head against the wall within the hour.  Or I may put on a yellow dress and imitate a banana just to be awkward.  Given that I'm a nut burger from Oldham I doubt that anyone will see the difference.  Then I'll probably get impossible to live with (Karin be warned) because I have to give up cigarettes, or as my dear old dad use to call them, "coffin nails."

More of the snow pictures can be found on Facebook Here

2 comments:

  1. So why should this be any different from another day of the year? It's as if I were living with Spike Milligan all year 'round. Pack in a little Brian Blessed, and Soupy Sales and you've got Mick. He's a bouncing ball of insanity ALL the time. And no, Mick doesn't have a yellow dress....a peach coloured one yes, but not yellow.

    But this house arrest is annoying. However, those are doctor's orders and must be obeyed until he has been cleared of having TB. You never know what you'll catch at the Uni!!!

    If it's going to snow, it had better do a REAL job of it, say two or three feet at a time. Hey, this is Wisconsin, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! It would appear that wifey knows me only too well.

    ReplyDelete