Sunday, December 12, 2010

Digging Out

Phew!  This took me a while, almost an hour and a half of digging.  At least I can now get out of the apartment, but how far I can venture in  the aftermath of this storm is another question.


These before and after photos should, I think tell the story.  Needless to say the old fart (me) who did all the digging was in need of a pint in the local pub - but then this is La Crosse in Wisconsin and there isn't a local pub so I had to make do with a mug of coffee and chicken soup!  A couple of pints of bitter would have been a better option, but then you can't have everything.


More Pictures


To make matters even more gloomy, Green Bay Packers lost their match.  Minnesota Vikings lost their stadium - the roof fell in with the weight of the snow on top of it.  Alternative arrangements were made for the Vikings match for Monday.  Still, despite the gloomy news, the cold outside and the lack of a decent pint of bitter beer, I can still put my feet up and dream about winning a pile of  loot on Powerball. Even if it is nothing more than a dream, I can still dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment