Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Topping up

My only mode of transport can hardly be described as a five hundred horse powered super-car, it's more like a one mick-powered two wheeled transportation system - better known as a bike!  So okay there I am with night falling and streets with hard packed snow and ice in many places and I need to get my prescription filled so I don't spin in bed like a dynamo, bounce around and register point nine on the Richter scale.  It's called a seizure.  I don't remember having them - but Karin does!

There is as always a major problem, to get my prescription filled I have to cycle over to the St. Clare Health Mission and that does not open until 5pm when it's already getting dark.  Thankfully, I have rechargeable batteries in my bike lamp and a charger to keep them filled with power.  No problem there,  but riding on the streets in winter conditions at an age of 60+ is a mite risky.

Still, I can get away with being an old fart on a bike.  Kind motorists just take pity and let me through, so survival on the street is a little more assured as long as I can stay saddle bound and not go arse over tit over the handlebars!  That could be a problem.

The pair here are knackered after a trip to Milwaukee to get my "Green Card" renewed.  We hired a car for the trip and wore our backsides to the bone making the lengthy journey there and back again.  I was in the Office of Homeland Security for all of half an hour at the most - mug shot and dabs on a computer and I was legal again.  I just love being a legal alien, not because I'm free to work but because it sounds like I'm from another planet... then again, there are those who suspect I am!  My wife keeps referring to me as Alf (Alien Life Form).  Well, I am from Oldham so she's not far wrong!

Why not visit our web site Click Here

There you will find Karin's books.  She worked hard writing them and did a darn good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment