Saturday, December 11, 2010

Guess What?

Yeah, okay, so it's snowing again. Ah! Wisconsin!  Another Midwest storm, this one full of the white fluffy stuff, or it was.  Small flakes coming down now, slight wind causing drifting snow and parts of the Coulee region of La Crosse have up to 22" already and more to come.  The forecast is even better, to our west the wind is blowing strong and conditions are already FRIGID and moving our way.  We have a blizzard warning for tonight and the local Sheriff has asked people to stay home.  Of course idiots do not think this applies to them, then go out and discover their mistake the hard way.

The photo above is courtesy of one of the TV channels in the region.  The roads are already a mess and the snow has been falling all day and is set to fall for the remainder of the night.  It should stop around sunrise if the forecasters have it right.
I managed to get out to the supermarket earlier and even then the traffic was slow with most drivers being cautious because of the road conditions.  Naturally I had to walk to the store, then on returning home clear the path, which will no doubt need doing again tomorrow.  This sucker seemed to be stationary over the top of us here, just dumping it's load.  Even though the snow plows went through three times during the day, it will be after midnight before they're back on the street.  By then driving conditions will be a nightmare, which is why the Sheriff has asked people to stay home and why I said only idiots would go out in these conditions.

After living in Wisconsin for so long one would think I'd be use to it - especially since I'm an Oldham lad and I've seen similar conditions there.  Well yes, I have seen it before.  Most years we get dumped on with snow - but I don't have to like it.  In fact I hate it, so does my arthritis!  Well you try plodding through the snow like an owd fart!

No comments:

Post a Comment