Friday, December 3, 2010

Hospital and Back before the Snow

Okay, so I've seen the X-ray and CT scan of my lungs, a light amount of emphysema and calcification of my lungs, mainly my right lung - pity though, it wasn't in 3D colour, I suppose you can't have everything.  I don't suppose my 'Spike Milligan' attitude was much help either especially since I gained 5lbs and shrunk an inch.  Now they have to test me for tuberculosis (TB) so they can rule it out - there's a bugger!  The nurse pushed a needle under my skin filled with some kind of clear fluid and remarked that most people don't like to see the needle going in.  Well, they can feel it so what's wrong with watching it do it's thing.  I ended up with a welt that looks like a bug sting, now it's turned red - big deal.  I can't be around people and if I am I have to wear a mask.  I look like a skinny burglar!
This guy stopped by to see if I was interested in a position as a crew member.  He said I'd be an ideal candidate with my scraggy appearance and face mask.  He did mention something about sword play and poor pay.  Nevertheless, I would get to see plenty of exotic places and strange people rather like himself.  I declined his offer but thanked him for thinking of me.

I may be unemployed for the moment but desperate I am not.  However, I'm happy that Karin and I managed to get home before the snow began to fall.  Some places have already had five to seven inches, which for our neck of the woods isn't too bad.

Just to our north the snow can get a tad deeper as you can see in this pic.  The  lady who phoned the cops to report the theft of her snowman would not of bothered if she lived in Canada.

I suppose with a scarf wrapped about my mush, no bugger will notice my face mask - as long as I'm not mistaken for an illegal immigrant or a Zorro reject from back when movies were in black and white.

This reminds me of the old joke we use to tell as kids. A Jamaican crossing the road at a Zebra crossing, it's a case of now you see him, now you don't. Now you see him, now you don't.  At the time we thought it was funny and I suppose Jamaicans told the same joke because a Zebra crossing is white as well as black - but in their case it would be the Englishman crossing the road.  Pity that liberal, politically polite morons have no sense of humour.  Even in Oldham, the ale cannot help them acquire the necessary humour to survive.  Well that's it for another day.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder why that lady called 999 about her stolen snowman? Oh well. Mick forgot about the rocket-powered ballpoint pen the doctor clicked and it exploded when he clicked it! That thing could have taken someone's eye out. We had a good laugh over that. I saw the strange man with the scraggly hair and beads in his hair offering Mick a job. Now, Mick looks the part (man, I wish he'd get a haircut) of a pirate. I even have some beads to put in his ponytail. But I don't think I'd like it much if he were away from home sailing in the south seas on a rickety old pirate ship with holes in its sails, because I couldn't come along. I'd run away with Fabio Lanzoni with all that hair. Wonder how much it costs to keep that hair clean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin wants me to cut my hair and yet she'll run off with Fabio...????

    ReplyDelete